Thursday, March 12, 2009

3 mile walk

Today Woods Hole is beautiful! It started with an amazing sunrise with the oranges and the reds invading my room, then the warm light making the house even more cozy, as I read one more page of my New Yorker, now 3 issues behind. I read a sentence that has been on my mind since the second it processed in my brain. Something along the lines of to lie to others we must first lie to ourselves so that in our lie we sound sincere. The deeper the lie is stored in us, the more credible we all are. Interesting.

Today I started what I hope will become a habit. I went for a walk from the MBL to the lighthouse in Nobska Point, continued on Nobska Rd, then moved onto Harbor Hill Rd, then Buzzards Bay Rd, Gosnold Rd, and back to the lab. It was a total 3 mile walk, and overlooking the blue ocean, and the Vineyard. Moving from ocean to tree, to forest, to beach, to bay, I feel really present now. This is such a beautiful place. La vita é bella!

No comments: