Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Surf Lesson at Foz do Lizandro, Ericeira


Today we had the honnor to have a nice surf lesson from the professional Jony, my brother in law, my gorgeous sister's man. He has been practicing surf since he was a teenager, nearly 20 years ago (wow, am I telling his age?). He is a very Zen surfer with lots of experience. he was kind enough to give up a nice afternoon of great waves to stay with us in the foam, to teaches us a bit of balance.


So we met Jony, Patricia and their beautiful Fred at the beach (Foz do Lizandro) and jumped right into the water. Ericeira is one of the top places in Europe to surf, and that is where my sister and Jony have their home - though they have been living in Mozambique for over 2 1/2 years!
Later Carolina, my gorgeous niece, joined us and we stayed at the beach until after the sunset. Amazing family moments that I did not have for over 2 1/2 years. This summer in Portugal was totally worth it for the amazing moments I spent with my sister and her man and kids.

No comments: