Tuesday, August 1, 2006

The End Of Something

The times pass hasty, so fast, so unaware of the consequences to all of us, mere humans without the magical power to control it. This short time I spent here was frustrating work wise, because despite all my efforts to build a project with all these research teams that I met with, the pace in Portugal is still so different from the pace in the States. I am confused as to which one is better for the overall quality of life. Now I am immersed in the America pace and that is all that makes sense now. At some point I am able to remember different times in my life where I experienced the good sides of the European way of life where productivity is considered so separately from productivism.
Anyway, it has come to an end this time with my sister Patricia and Jony and Fred and Carolina. It was so so great. You are a beautiful family:


Also, it is the end of having a home in Lisbon, Portugal. My bedroom has I have known it for ever is gone. We are all growing up – there are definitely good things about it. I just need time to cement this new reality. Now my own house is at 126 Jamesville Ave in Syracuse NY. I guess I never thought of it with such meaning. The end of Portugal this time was so stressful that I did not have the opportunity to say goodbye to my lifetime great friends. Bye Portugal, see you someday.

No comments: