Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hump day = quarta-feira

Mid July and life goes on between Woods Hole MA and Portland ME. Writing is going and the growth has been intense. I am enjoying this moment that I am living now. It tastes like transition, out with the old to create space to receive the new. It is with great enthusiasm that I am living now this transition phase. It is the conclusion of 7 years of hard work and a lot of cycles of growth. I guess growth is an ongoing process. Nevertheless, this challenge I actively put on my life years ago has allowed me to experience intense moments to know myself better and evolve beyond the (many) limitations I found along the way. Every challenge has been a stepping stone to where I am today. And today feels like a stepping stone itself. I am living this phase with greater enthusiasm everyday, which in turn makes this phase altogether better every day. Positive feedback, that is what it would be called in ecosystems ecology.

I picked up running. I am amazed to discover this about myself, that I can actually jog for an extended amount of time/distance. I thank cousin Angela for being such an inspiring woman when she invited me to join her on her daily morning jog up in Portland. Did 4.4miles that day, and felt my lungs were going to explode or that my breath would simply not be enough. I am psyched about improving my breathing and cardio. It is a completely different level than swimming or biking, and I love both of those. Now I am exploring the world of running, slowly running. Today, 3 days after the first run, I ran almost 4mi in 40min and felt better while doing it. I want to see if I do it every day or every other day, even if it is just 2 miles, if i can improve in just 2 weeks.

We'll see ... for now it is great start to my day!

No comments: