Thursday, July 5, 2007

Short Visit to Lisbon

This year I am investing the summer into research. This means that no vacations will hopefully lead to significant development in where I am standing in my PhD research and how far I am from My complete Thesis. This meant flying to Portugal to spend days taking care of fun things like car insurance, car inspection, portuguese ID card renewal, and many things alike. Aside from that I only had time to spend my days at the Technical University of Lisbon in a modeling course, that I am hoping to use in my analysis.
Nevertheless there was a minimal time to see family and friends and even a Sunday to do some ocean kayak in a coastal area south of Lisbon, SESIMBRA. This was an area that I used to explore in my teen years when I took my SCUBA diving course. Here are a few photos of that day:


Beautiful people, BFFs, friends of all times:

Also, one afternoon walking by the old part that i love:









It was sad to fly away from Lisbon a few days before my sister flew in from Mozambique. It has been too long since I have seen her and Joni and the kids. I am still waiting for some cool pics of all them surfing in one of the best surfing spots in Europe, Ericeira.
Back to Syracuse I had only time to organize all the contacts and formalities to go to Woods Hole for work for a week. Nice, very nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing by working so hard all summer!! So proud of you!! You are my inspiration!!!