Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Biking in the rain is beautiful

Hoje o dia começou com chuva, e vim para o trabalho de bicicleta. Foi um momento lindo. Entre café e conversa o sol convenceu-se e apareceu. Entretanto fiquei com vontade de partilhar esse poema lindo que me leva de volta às aulas de filosofia no 10º ano. Hoje em inglês:

"Cântico Negro" by José Régio

"Come this way" -- some say to me with sweet eyes
Reaching out their arms to me, and certain
That it would be good if I listened to them
When they say, "Come this way!"
I look at them languidly
(There is, in my eyes, irony and tiredness)
And I cross my arms,
And I never go that way...
This is my glory:
To create inhumanity!
To accompany no one!
- For I live with the same unwillingness
As when I tore my mother's womb.
No, I won't go that way! I only go where
My own steps take me...
If what I search to know none of you can answer,
Why do you repeat: "Come this way!" ?
I rather slide through muddy alleys,
To whirl in the winds,
Like rags, drag along my bloodied feet
Than to go that way...
If I came to the world, was
Only to deflower virgin rain-forests,
And to draw my own footsteps in the unexplored sand!
Everything else I do is worth nothing.
Thus, how can it be you
Who will give me impulse, tools, and courage
To overcome my obstacles?...
It flows, in your veins, the old blood of the grand-parents,
And you love what is easy!
I love the Distance and the Mirage,
I love the abysses, the torrents, the deserts...
Go! You have roads,
You have gardens, you have flower beds,
You have homeland, you have roofs,
And you have rules, and treaties, and philosophers, and sages...
I have my Madness!
I raise it, like a cresset, burning in the dark night,
And I feel foam, and blood, and chants on my lips...
God and the Devil guide me, no one else.
Everyone's had a father, everyone's had a mother;
But I, who never commence or end anything,
I was born of the love there is between God and the Devil.
Ah, nobody give me pious intentions!
No one ask me for definitions!
No one tell me: "Come this way!"
My life is a whirlwind that broke loose.
It's a wave that rose.
It's one more atom that came to life...
I don't know where I'm going through,
I don't know where I'm going to,
- I know I'm not going that way!

1 comment:

PLS Musica said...

Olá Ritinhaaa (Eu prefiro Xana, ok???)!!!!!! Como estás tu??? Fogo...faz tanto tempo que não te vejo... E as saudades das nossas conversas até às 5h da manhã.... Fogo....Tanta coisa mudou...
Quando tenho tempo dou aqui uma saltada para ver como está a minha mana do coração... Espero que estejas bem!!! Um beijo grande para ti!! Ass. Hugo (sim...aquele que chegou atrasado ao comboio por causa do cafézinho em Sagres.)